FOR SHORT STAYS
If you are going to be in the city for a few days, it is preferable to stay in one of the most central neighborhoods of Barcelona, to make the most of your time in the city. The neighborhoods that best suit you are: Gothic Quarter, El Born, El Raval and even some areas of the Eixample.
BEST NEIGHBORHOODS TO STAY IN BARCELONA WITH FRIENDS
If you travel with friends, surely, you are looking for a budget neighborhood, with a nightlife and lively atmosphere. The best options are:
- Gothic Quarter or El Born: To enjoy many bars and restaurants and the atmosphere that is lived in this area.
- El Raval: Ideal for groups of friends looking for a central but economical accommodation. This area is also located near the MACBA, one of the places where young people gather.
- Gràcia: In this neighborhood there are many cocktail bars and bars, so it is common to find a very active nightlife. In addition, in this area the price of accommodation is usually lower compared to other areas.
- Les Corts: For those looking for an affordable area that is well connected to the city center. In addition, here is the Camp Nou and the FC Barcelona museum.
BEST NEIGHBORHOODS TO STAY IN BARCELONA WITH FAMILY OR COUPLE
If you travel as a family or as a couple, the needs are different. Surely, you are looking for something central but quiet, or something away from the hustle and bustle.
- Poblenou: Despite being close to some beaches, this neighborhood is not as crowded as others in the center. However, it is quieter and more suitable for families who come with children.
- Sarrià – Sant Gervasi: Ideal for families looking to stay in a residential area away from the center, but well connected thanks to its public transport connections. In addition, it is one of the safest neighborhoods in Barcelona.
- El Born or Gothic Quarter: This neighborhood is one of the most central and historic in the city. If you're traveling outside of the high season, it can be a great option, as there won't be as much of a nightlife.
- Eixample: It is a very extensive neighborhood, with a lot of accommodation and close to important monuments such as the Sagrada Familia or Casa Batlló.
- Sants or Les Corts: These are very residential and quiet neighbourhoods, far from the hustle and bustle of the centre, but very well connected thanks to public transport connections. In addition, you will have Sants Station nearby, to go anywhere in Barcelona or explore the surrounding area.
FOR TEMPORARY STAYS FOR MONTHS
BEST NEIGHBORHOODS TO STAY IN BARCELONA FOR STUDENTS
If you move to Barcelona to study, these are the best neighborhoods for students, taking into account the connections with public transport and the proximity to university centers:
- El Raval, Gothic Quarter and El Born: To enjoy the comfort of the center and accessibility to public transport. Some of the universities in this area: Pompeu Fabra University, University of Barcelona, Elisava, etc.
- University Area of Les Corts: This is the area closest to the university campuses of the Autonomous University of Barcelona, the Polytechnic University of Catalonia, ESADE...
- Eixample: It is one of the most famous neighborhoods for students, since it is close to everything and has several universities and study centers. Some universities are: EAE, EADA Business School...
- Gràcia: It is one of the neighborhoods with the most youthful atmosphere in the city. Itis quite recognized among students for maintaining a balance between quality and price.
- La Barceloneta: If you come from Erasmus to Barcelona, maybe you are looking to enjoy the sun and the beaches of the city. In this neighborhood you will find both university campuses and some of the most frequented nightclubs by students.
BEST NEIGHBORHOODS TO STAY IN BARCELONA TO TELEWORK
If you come to Barcelona to telework, these are the best areas for it:
- Poblenou: It has become an epicenter of start-ups, technology companies and coworking spaces since the creation of the 22@ district.
- Sarrià – Sant Gervasi: This residential neighbourhood is good for working from home and is far from the most touristic areas.
- La Barceloneta: This area has become one of the best for teleworking, due to the views it offers and the low influx during the autumn-winter-spring months.
- Eixample: This area is home to much of the city's business community and enjoys a very central location, ideal for being well connected to any part of Barcelona.
- Surroundings of Barcelona: Other areas such as Badalona, Hospitalet de Llobregat or Esplugues de Llobregat among others, are good accommodation options if you prefer to spend a quiet stay, away from the hustle and bustle, while you can reach the center of Barcelona in a few minutes with public transport.
FIND YOUR PERFECT ACCOMMODATION IN BARCELONA
Have you already decided which neighborhood or area you are going to stay in? The next step is to choose the perfect apartment according to your needs, using the location filters on our website. See our article on How to book an apartment for more information.